February 5, 2016

Turmeric Chicken Curry Rice

This recipe fed a family of 4 for two whole meals, with enough left over for a lunch for one person.  I used thin cut chicken tenderloins, but will give you how much chicken you need in the recipe below.  Due to family texture personalities, for most of my seasoning and spices, they are in a powdered form.

1. 1 lbs corn (frozen and the steam-able bag is what I used)
2. 1 can black beans (Dakota brand from Aldi is what I used)
3. 2 lbs of chicken chopped into bite sized pieces
4. 1 lbs broccoli (frozen is what I used)
5. Brown rice ( cook to the serving size you need for your family)
6. Turmeric seasoning
7. Onion powder
8. Garlic Powder
9. Salt (granulated sea salt is what I used)
10. Olive Oil
11. Zesty Italian dressing (lite from Aldi is what I used)

Chop and cook the chicken first in a frying pan.  I used my rice cooker for the rice: in which I added salt, onion, garlic and a pinch of Turmeric seasoning into the water I cooked the rice in.  I also had a pot on the stove to steam the broccoli going along with the chicken and the rice cooking, as well as the bag of corn steaming in the microwave.  Once the chicken is mostly cooked I started to add 1 tbsp  of Zesty Italian dressing to flavor the chicken with.  Once the chicken is done cooking I put in can of beans (drained and rinsed first), corn into the pan with the chicken.  I then added 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, 1/4 tsp of onion powder, a sprinkling of turmeric and a sprinkling of salt over everything in the pan, then added 1/2 tsp of olive oil.  Turned the stove top to a low/ medium heat to heat everything up, but not really cook.  After about 10 minutes everything is done.  I dished up the rice first, then topped it with the chicken curry mixture, then topped with broccoli, and for the kids added Parmesan cheese on top. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment