February 3, 2016

Loaded Potato Soup Recipe

To preface this recipe.  I was using a crock pot recipe I found on Pinterest.  See link below.  I was making this soup for a large family gathering dinner, I had never made potato soup before.  There were a few things that didn't work out for me with the recipe that I was following so below the link to the Pinterest recipe, I have included my changes.  Enjoy~

Here is the Crock Pot Loaded Potato Soup Recipe from Pinterest...thanks to Mama Loves Food! Blog.

My changes:
1. turkey bacon was used (as we don't eat beef or pork)
2. we used onion powder
3. we used garlic powder
4. we used a mixture between: heavy cream, sour cream and plain almond milk instead of cream cheese
5. we added broccoli and parsley instead of chives/ green onions

So many people like different aspects of potatoes and especially potato soup.  Most of my family doesn't like chunks in their soup so we didn't use fresh garlic or chopped onions for that reason.  My kids don't like cream cheese so we had to substitute that flavor and creamy texture for what I have listed above.  We actually ended up with a thicker soups, so we also ate this with grilled cheese and dipped our sandwiches into the soup. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment