February 6, 2016

Alfredo Bolognese Pasta

For this recipe, I needed to cook something super quickly as we were having dinner 2 hours later than normal due to being at the hospital all afternoon.  So I call this my super quick pasta dinner.  Once again, most of my seasonings are in a powdered form due to family texture preferences.

1. 1 lbs ground turkey thawed
2. 1 cup frozen peas
3. 1 cup frozen corn
4. 1 package of Gluten Free Penna pasta
5. 2 jars of Alfredo sauce (I went with the Great Value brand)
6. butter
7. garlic powder
8. onion powder
9. salt (granulated sea salt is what I used)
10. tarter sauce (like what you put on fish, yes.)
11. Lite Miracle Whip (yes I know...)

Start browning turkey, and cooking the Gluten Free pasta first.  Then once those are started put a pot on the stove for the peas and corn and steam them together in a little bit of salted water.  Once the ground turkey is mostly done add 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, 1/4 tsp of onion powder.  Once the pasta is done drain, and put back into pot, use your mixing spoon and put about 2 tbsp of butter in the pasta to melt and keep them from sticking.  Next add both jars of Alfredo sauce to pot of pasta.  Add the peas and corn once done steaming (drain first) to the pot as well.  Mix well taste, and add salt if needed (I'm not a salt enjoying person, so my family usually adds salt to taste to their own bowls afterwards).  Last add ground turkey to pot (drained of grease first).  Now you have to be careful, but add 1 tbsp of the miracle whip as well as the tarter sauce.  MIX WELL.  This adds just a bit more creaminess to the sauce, as well as a tangy sweet hint to the casserole as well.  It's odd I know, but it tasted so good!  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment