March 9, 2015

Zen Pose Painting

I first came into the world of painting on other objects when I went through college.  My Art History teacher made our class super fun, exciting, and hands on, and this was just learning about basic Art History.  I remember little of what she actually taught, but I remember making a wax target painting with my class partner for one of our projects, we used cardboard just like the artist we were studying.  We went to the Art Museum in Raleigh North Carolina to see moving paper sculptures, Jackson Pollack paintings, glass paintings, canvas and other multi-media works of art.

This Art History class was taken 10 years ago, but I have never forgotten to try art on unique media for a great work of art stand out from the rest.  That is one of the reasons I love painting on glass and turning parts of the painting into mirrors, or being able to paint on a framed mirror.

Here is just one example of what I do with this work.  As you look at the painting place yourself in the mirrored image and feel her peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment