January 16, 2015

Abstract Birds

My whole family loves being out in nature, seeing wild animals, seeing tame animals, going to zoos, aquariums, etc.  Pretty much we use many ways to see live animals whenever we can.  Being fascinated with nature is a great way to feel as peace, feel like you are one with nature, and I personally feel that the more you learn about nature/ animals the more you come to respect God and His awesome creating power, and you feel more grateful for being able to behold such beauty.  So what do our family trips, our Wild Kratt loving children, and natural beauty seeking minds have to do with Sand Glasses Design?

This week my children have what seems another sponge moment in their lives and they are literally soaking up any and all facts that they can about animals, and sharing those facts whenever and however they can with myself and my husband.  So after a long night of trying to be patient to my second grader, who just was so excited to tell me about one last animal, I finally got him to go to sleep and was able to pull out my jewelry and start creating.

Well all this animal, beauty, wild life must have continued to be on my mind because that's what inspired my next piece.  Teal Jay Bird necklace.  I love how each brushed silver pennant looks like a bird feather, and how each little teal bead gives just enough color to open up the mind for some abstract artistic beholding.

This was so much fun to make, and its even more fun to wear.  Teal is my favorite color, but I do offer other colors.  Come check out my etsy shop Sand Glasses Design to see what colors are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment