June 22, 2015

Cub Scouts and Castles

It's been able a month since we hosted my son's Cub Scout Day Camp fundraiser.  He was very successful in achieving his goal, and earned the money he needed for camp.  Well, the time has passed on, and now it's Cub Scout Day Camp now.  I'm so excited for my 8 year old.  He is so excited to make new friends, spend a whole week by himself away from his loving little brother, and away from me.  I am excited because I get to take a break from everything on my plate and volunteer as the craft instructor for the day camp. So for 1 hour the whole week I will see my son but that's pretty good.  I'm also excited for my 5 year old because there is a day care for him that actually has a structured schedule for him too. So for 1 week this summer my 8, 5, and my self get a break from each other before we start up school again.


Best of all, for a whole week I get to craft with supplies I didn't buy, craft with a ton of awesome kids, and get to craft outside of my home!  We're doing Medieval Times as the theme of our Cub Scout Camp, so once I'm done for the week, you'll see some awesome crafts centered around: dragons, knights, castles, etc.  Have fun and I'll see you in a week!

I haven't been able to use my talents making jewelry, painting, or working with clay for a few weeks now, so it will be nice to get back to the basics and craft with kids. 
What do you do to get back to basics for yourself?  What is your favorite craft with kids?  Is there a messy craft your kids love that makes you nuts but you still allow?  What is your favorite craft you have done this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment